The Mathey Tissot x Hemel Type XX Collaboration / VK64
Hemel founder and Creative Director Marvin Menke fuses brand and icon on his favorite form factor, the Type 20 chronograph as originally done by Mathey Tissot. Mathey Tissot is a company with a long and rich history going back to 1886. In addition to making its own time pieces, Mathey Tissot was well known as a direct supplier and manufacturer for many well-regarded, high end Swiss watch companies.
The specially made “Mathey Tissot x Hemel” Type 20 collaboration for The League of Microbrands on Facebook enlarges the sense of what's possible in the microbrand watch space. With historical and vintage references being a driving force in this enthusiast driven space, this new chronograph offers all the historical back story of a seminal artifact with none of the costly hassles associated with maintaining a fragile vintage time piece. This chronograph comes standard with a bund strap made of Italian leather and packaged in a specially made wooden presentation box.
Reference HF Series
• Movement: VK64 mecaquartz caliber.
• Case: 316L Stainless Steel, polished
• Case Width: 38.5 mm
• Case Thickness: 14.6 mm
• Lug Width: 20 mm
• Lug to Lug: 45 mm
• Caseback: Screwdown, engraved
• Dial: Matte black w/Superluminova C9
• Front Crystal: Double domed sapphire coated K1 w/AR coating
• Water Resistance: 50 meters
• Crown: Signed, push / pull
• Bezel: Bi-directional, 12 hour, friction bezel
All watches come with a two year limited warranty.